The MRC of Bonaventure offers a regional inspection service for buildings and the environment for the non organized territory of the «Bonaventure River»
The activities covered by this service are the following:
- Construction permits
- Authorisation certificates of occupation and the installation of septic tanks
- The responsibilities assumed by the personnel of the MRC are as follows :
- To determine the admissibility of permits and certificates of authorisation
- Analyse projects to determine if they follow the environmental rules and regulations.
- Visit certain places to determine if any modifications have been made without the proper certificates and/or permits.
- Keep a watchful eye on the general territory to insure that the rules and regulations are followed and no individual is acting without the proper paper work.
Also, the MRC is responsible for keeping the counselors and mayors up to date with relevant information on urban planning, territorial organisation and environmental issues. If any problems or questions arise the MRC is responsible for bring the issue to the counsel of mayors. Moreover, the MRC participates in the elaboration of the bylaws regarding urbanism and verifies the conformity of certain proposed projects. Alternatives can be proposed in the case of non-conformities or certain demands can be refused.
The administrative responsibilities of the MRC consist of periodically cumulating the results of the application of the adopted bylaws and filling out the proper paperwork for the emission of certificates and permits. Also, in the case of infractions, fines can be issued, court documents may need to be prepared and certain administrative reports may need to be filed.